This privacy notice will notify you of the following:
• Personal data collection
• Personal data use and sharing
• Security of your personal information
• International Transfer of Information
• Retention and destruction of Personal Information
• How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
• Cookies policy
• Links to other websites
1) Personal data collection:
We are collecting name, ID, email, and phone numbers for managing our contact database. You will always be informed in connection with collection of personal data about you and we only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
2) Personal data use and sharing
Medit uses your personal data to:
• Respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us.
• Statistics, monitoring and reports of usage
• Developments and improvements of products
• Sign-ups for newsletter
• Send-outs of other marketing material
• Other marketing initiatives
• Store your personal preferences
• Administer your accounts
• Send you service communications through email (i.e. software updates)
We will only use your personal data to send marketing material if you prior have given your explicit consent.
We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, except if it is needed to fulfill your request (i.e. sharing your information with a local reseller after a purchase request) or if we are required to do so because of an applicable law, court order or governmental regulation.
Medit further entrusts some of the work required for the provision of services to external companies and supervises the matters necessary for the entrusted companies to safely handle your personal information. The period of use of the information ends upon withdrawal of membership or termination of contract.
The entrusted companies includes the following contractors:
• HubSpot (commissioned service: outbound emails)
• Amazon (commissioned service: web service operation)
3) Security of your Personal Information
Medit takes administrative, technical, and physical action to help protecting your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We established and implement an internal management plan to ensure data protection. The personal information you provide is secured on computer servers in a controlled, safe environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Further technical measures taken include the management of access rights regarding personal information processing systems, the installation of access control systems, the encryption of unique identification information, the installation of security programs, and so on. The access to storage rooms handling personal information, such as computer rooms or data storage rooms, is controlled.
4) International Transfer of Information
5) Retention and Destruction of Personal Information
We retain Personal Information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (i.e. as long as is required in order to contact you about the Subscription Service or our other services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements).
Personal information will be kept until membership is withdrawn. However, if there is a separate dispute or if a different period is set by law, it will be kept within the scope of the purpose. The provided information will be transferred to a separate DB and will only be used for the purpose for which it is held, unless provided for by law, and destroyed within the defined period. If the personal data to be destroyed is in the form of an electronic file, Medit will permanently delete it in a way that cannot be restored. In case of non-electronic records, printed matter, writing, or other recorded media, the documents shall be destroyed accordingly.
6) How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
You have the following data protection rights:
• You can request access, correction, updates or deletion of your personal information. However, Medit may refuse to suspend the request if there are special provisions in the law, if there is a need to comply with statutory obligations, or if there is a risk of harming other people or of unjustifiably infringing property or interest of others. The request may also be suspended if it leads to an inability to fulfill a contract, such as not providing services you have agreed with, and you have not clearly stated your intention to terminate the contract.
• You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
• If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact MEDIT corp at email@example.com or by mail to Medit corp, 23 Goryeodae-ro 22 gil, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul, Korea. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
Also, you have the right to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority if you consider that any processing of your personal data has been infringed. In order to protect your personal information and to handle related complaints, we have designated a person in charge of personal information management. You may notify our Personal Information Manager Jae Sung Choi at firstname.lastname@example.org of any personal information related complaints arising from your use of Medit’s services and we will respond quickly and adequately to your complaint.
To unsubscribe from our marketing communication click on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our e-mails.
7) Cookies policy
• Last updated: 2017.07.13
-What are cookies?
• Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit.
• A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you. It identifies your computer but does not identify you personally.
• Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.
-How to edit company cookies
• When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
• We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service.
• Essential cookies. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
-What are your choices regarding cookies
• Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
8) Links to other websites
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
9) Other reporting or consulting organizations
If you need to report or consult about other privacy infringements, please contact the following organizations:
• Personal Information Dispute Resolution Committee in Korea (http://privacy.kisa.or.kr/)
• Korean Information Protection Mark Certification Committee (www.eprivacy.or.kr/)
• Internet Crime Investigation Center (http://www.spo.go.kr/eng/index.jsp/)
• The Cyber Terror Response Center in Korea (http://cyberbureau.police.go.kr/)